Wowza! These past two weeks have disappeared before my eyes! I seriously can’t believe it’s already May and that summer is just around the corner! We have had a lot going on since I last posted, but I think today I’ll just share some cutie pics of Rylie girl. Then again, I guess that’s what I’ve done since she was born so it’s not much different, but just go with me on this one!
1. It’s so hard to believe, but Rylie is over four months old now! She got her four month shots last week. Unfortunately, our appointment ended up being at exactly the time that she was hungry and ready for a nap. So she was extra happy about her shots…not! We hated to see our sweet girl so upset. Glad that’s over with! She’s still long and lean weighing 13 lb 10 oz and 25 inches long!
2. She has become so much more playful over the past few weeks. Her legs are just long enough where she can jump in her jumperoo and it makes her so excited every time she does it. She has also learned to turn around in the seat and likes to spin the toys as she tries to get them in her mouth!
3. Right before we left for Arizona, she started sticking her tongue out all the time. This happy girl just cracks us (and herself) up!
4. She can now roll over easily from her tummy to her back and from her back to her front. Something is wrong with the sound on this video, but you still get the idea! She thinks she can crawl too and gets frustrated when she doesn’t go anywhere! I have a feeling that we aren’t TOO far off from crawling, which is exciting and terrifying and sad all at the same time!
5. Rylie takes after Van in a lot of ways (good sleeper is the main one!). Another that we have recently discovered is that she is hot natured. She gets hot so easily and then is annoyed by it. She had gotten warm one day so I ran my fingers through her hair a little and thought she looked so sweet with her hair like this! Clearly this helped cool her down and she became her smiley self again. Of course here she goes again with sucking her thumb with her hand open! Love that!
6. With all that has happened in Boston, I have been watching the news a little more lately to keep up-to-date with the craziness. Rylie decided she likes watching the news too and turns her head completely around to see what’s going on. She actually stays like this for awhile like she’s really watching it! Note to self: Limit the TV while she’s awake!
7. On Saturday we gave her rice cereal for the first time. We went all out and fed it to her with a spoon as opposed to in a bottle and she LOVED it. Of course now that she knows what’s going on, she tries to grab the spoon and doesn’t want to let go if she gets a grip on it. When I try to get the food off of her chin, she chases the spoon with her mouth and starts smacking. It’s quite the scene (and mess)! Van loves feeding her the rice cereal so I’ll let him do that and I’ll stick to the milk – much less messy!
8. We try to read at least one book before bed and we can’t get over how much Rylie seems to enjoy it. She moves her face right up to the page and even holds the edges of the book. After seeing us turn the pages, she has been trying to do it too. Smart little cookie!
9. While we were in Arizona, we got her to giggle several times and managed to catch a few on camera. She was laughing at Van here and then I was able to make her laugh as we walked through the airport in Memphis during a layover. These are some of our favorite moments since we have really been looking forward to her giggling and laughing!
10. Here’s a little sneak peek of her 4 month pictures! I took them WEEKS ago and just haven’t had time to share. They’re coming though, promise!
My goodness we love this sweet girl! Her personality is really starting to come out and it’s so much fun watching her grow and develop. Thanks for stopping by!