1. Even though Christmas has come and gone, I still wanted to share a few things from our first married Christmas. Here is our first tree. It kind of had an “Alison Show” going on for awhile since all of the ornaments we were the ones I had collected growing up. We got a few from Van’s mom though and now have some that we share!
I don’t think I’ve shared a picture of the carpet yet. So here you go! Enjoy it while it lasts! 🙂 It’s really not all that bad, but I’m ready for something a little (lot) more subtle!
2. We added three ornaments that were really special this year. The first came from our very own tree when we bought it! Van wrote on it right when we got home and even added the ribbon to hang it.
When we were unpacking the ornaments my mom had put aside for me last year, we found this cute treasure! What a great surprise! Thanks Mom!
And we had to get a first Christmas ornament! I particularly like it because the hanging heart is very similar to the earrings I wore on our wedding day. My mom also got us a first Christmas ornament, but I took these pictures before we got it on Christmas. The one she gave us even has our names on it!
3. We got so many lovely Christmas cards this year. It was really exciting to open the mailbox and find sweet notes and photos from some of our best friends. The display started out with a ribbon and bow, but that wasn’t working, so I just did what my mom does. Next year I may have to get a little more crafty, but it worked out just fine!
4. One of my roommates from Elon came to visit this past weekend! She was here the New Year’s that I met Van so it was definitely fun to reminisce. We had a yummy pesto pasta and chicken dinner the night she arrived and she got to eat off of the Special Plate!
So glad the first visitor to our new house was Jess!
5. We even played with the super amazing sewing machine I got for Christmas. It came with a DVD so we grabbed our coffee, set the sewing machine up and learned some good tips!
6. Today was my first day back at work after a nice long weekend. Since I worked last week, I didn’t have to bury myself out of emails like everyone else. I liked the quietness of last week, but I was glad to have other people back in the office today!
7. I’ve decided that Sunday evenings are my favorite time of the week. It’s usually just Van and I and it’s so nice to just hang out with each other and relax before the week starts.
8. We have Life Group tomorrow night and I’m so excited! We haven’t had a normal meeting/study since before Thanksgiving. I can’t wait to see everyone!
9. Today I realized that I don’t have any of my vacation time planned for 2012 yet. That’s kind of exciting! Who knows where we’ll go this year, but I’m already starting to think of some ideas 🙂 Yes, I do realize that we are only 3 days into 2012, but it’s never too early to plan ahead!
10. I don’t really have any resolutions for 2012, but I have a feeling that it’s going to be a really wonderful year. Looking forward to sharing parts of it with all of you!