It’s been awhile since I’ve done one of these…whoops! Here we go…
1. We had the most delicious dinner at my parent’s house on Saturday. It was kind of for my birthday and kind of because my dad was home for the weekend. Whatever the occasion, I love when my mom tests out new recipes on us! I even made one of Van’s favorite desserts – Pioneer Woman’s Apple Dumplings. YUM! He wanted them for his birthday, but I was out of town the day before and we had lunch with dessert at his parent’s house. And then it just never happened. So we had my bday dinner and his bday dessert!
2. On Sunday we had another special treat – my birthday lunch with the Lamberts. We had Chicken Casserole and Banana Pudding. Van’s mom makes the best Banana Pudding. She got her recipe from Paula Deen – no wonder it’s so amazing
3. Sunday was extra wonderful because I got to hang out with the wonderful BWerts! We met at Ikea and spent hours looking at everything. It was really fun though because she was actually there to BUY stuff! Every other time I’ve been there has just been to browse and see the cool rooms they put together. Even though I wasn’t making any purchases, it was exciting to shop with someone who was! Now I just want to decorate our little apartment even more!
4. We are up to the 2 mile mark on our outside running. I think we may try 2.5 miles tomorrow morning. Without Van as my motivator, I think I would just stick to the treadmill and sleep in. But he committed to doing this and he’s not going to fall through on that. Love that about him!
5. I’m having a little cupcake tasting party on Saturday and am SO excited! If you’re in the area and would like to come, let me know and I’ll give you the deets! I’m making two varieties and guests have been invited to bring their creations to share if they wish. I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with!! As of right now, I’m making Lemon Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes.
6. My parents gave me my birthday gifts early and one of the gifts was Burberry Brit perfume. Just love that scent! Clinique Happy Heart has been my signature scent for years now, and although I’m not ready to give it up, I was ready for an alternate scent. Thanks mom and dad!
7. I wish we could celebrate Labor Day every week. Or at least have 4 day work weeks and 3 day weekends. That sure would be nice.
8. On Sunday a few girls and I are going to learn how to make pizza dough with a bread machine!! A friend’s sister who has a little more experience in this area is going to show us the ropes and then we’ll enjoy the pizza with our hubbies! I’ll be sure to document the afternoon and share the pics and maybe even a recipe!
9. I’m excited for a photo shoot that we’re doing at work tomorrow. It’s for the next issue of our magazine and it will feature delicious desserts! Ooooh! We’re doing it at Bank of America’s Taste Cafe (operated by our company) and I’ve been wanting to go there. Should be fun!
10. On Friday we went to Fort Mill for a Charlotte Knight’s game with one of Van’s friends from work and his girlfriend. We had great seats and then the storm hit. Lighting, thunder and pouring rain that went on forever! They ended up canceling the game, but we still got to watch the fireworks. The only refund we could get was to come back Saturday night for the make up game and the last game of the season. We already had plans so we couldn’t go. Bummer!! Still a fun evening though!