This past week has just flown by! I can’t believe it’s Tuesday again or that it’s even November and that Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away. Craziness.
1. As of today I have been working at Compass Group for 3 months! Holy cow! It feels like longer, yet I can’t believe that I started in August and it’s already November. Again, craziness.
2. Today also marks exactly 5 months until our wedding!! The 16th seems to be quite an important date in my life. I wonder what else will happen on the 16th in the future? Note to self: pay attention to this date!
3. Van and I had dinner with Patty and Michael tonight at Brixx Pizza at Birkdale. I found a coupon online today that was buy two entrees, get two free. Well that couldn’t have been more perfect! So with our savings we headed over to the new TCBY for an after dinner treat and it was better than I could have ever dreamed of! Look at these colors:
Adorable. I think it was made for me.
4. I bought my first Groupon last week to one of my favorite Jewelry stores, The Jewel Box. It was $10 for $20 worth of merchandise. But the best part? I had won a $5 Groupon gift certificate from taking some survey a few weeks ago. So really, I get to buy $20 worth of goodies for only $5! Sah-weeeeet!
5. I don’t like that it gets dark so early. I’m sure I notice it every year, but this year it’s even more noticeable. Maybe because I don’t have a window to look out of (sad) so I don’t know when it goes from light to dark and then I have to drive in it for at least 45 mins! Yuck!
6. I’ve been using Mederma to treat a scar. I burnt my arm a few months ago while cooking and am ready for it to be gone! Random? Yes. But isn’t that what this is all about?
7. We booked a caterer for the reception! Yahoo!! I LOVE her style and presentation. Super excited to check this one off the list!
8. I bought some new shoes on Saturday! They are boots with heels though so I can’t wear them when I’m with Van. They would make me a lot taller than him. And we just can’t have that!
9. My team at work is having a holiday party, but not until December. I can’t wait to make some yummy stuff to share!
10. There was a bake sale yesterday at work and all of the proceeds went to buy gifts for families that a department has adopted for Christmas. What a great idea!! I must admit, I shared a few mini treats with some friends!