Today begins a new little weekly series: Ten on Tuesday! These are just 10 random things I’ve been up to/thinking about this week!
1.Quality time spent with friends is so refreshing and really just lifts me up and fills my spirit. On Monday I spent the evening catching up and hanging out with my friend Anna from high school. She is preparing to leave for France in less than 2 months where she will be a teacher in a town not far from Paris for at least 7 months. I will miss her so much while she’s away!! Thankfully she’s living near me right now so we are able to hang out pretty regularly.
2. On that same note, tonight I had dinner with my friend Heidi who I met while studying abroad in Germany. It’s hard to believe that we’ve been friends since 2007. WOW! After dinner we started a study on the book of James and were able to open each other’s eyes to new points of view and understandings. I just cannot spend enough time with Heidi. She is absolutely one of my favorite people ever.
3. Have you been into Old Navy lately? Holy cow! They’ve remodeled and the store looks so good! I wanted to buy one of everything last night, but fortunately for my bank account, we only had 10 minutes to look around before they closed.
4. Today the Publicist/PR guy for the “Big Boss” moved into the office across from my cubicle. Since the “Big Boss” is often in his Publicist’s office, maybe now we will officially meet! haha
5. I am just dying to do some baking. Of course I want to try the delicious result, but just the satisfaction of making something cute for others is enough for me. Maybe work will benefit from this soon…
6. I have some cookies ready for me to try my hand at royal icing, but I’m so nervous to take the plunge! I know that once I do it, I’m going to be addicted. But that’s not such a bad thing, right?!
7. Countdown to the West (Best) Coast: 11 days!
8. Today is my brother’s 20th birthday! Happy Birthday, Derek!!
9. We had a mouse in our house…operative word being had. At least I hope that’s the case! One is dead, but it’s not the original one that was seen. Just when we think we’re done with it/them, we see another sign that it’s been around. Yuck, yuck, yuck. I’m just ready for this mouse-tery (ha, get it!?) to be over!
10. I am searching for a job in the Charlotte, NC area relating to Marketing, Communications, Social Media, etc. Any suggestions or contacts, PLEASE send them my way!!